thank you for choosing an alfex watch
for more than 65 years, alfex has worked to stand out on the watchmaking landscape through a strong focus on design, respect for the criteria of swiss quality, and mid-range pricing. an in-house design team makes this combination possible, in order to continue to follow today the vision of its founder, ferdinand gindraux. in 1948, gindraux created the company with the goal of creating a brand that would revolutionise the traditional conception of timepieces. design was immediately chosen as a priority, a choice that would lead the ticino-based brand to win a number of international awards: the “red dot award”, presented by design zentrum of hamburg, for which alfex is also competing this year, and the “good design award”, presented by the chicago anthenaeum museum of architecture and design for the product with the most innovative graphics and design. starting from 2013 Alfex launched a new brand repositioning strategy, focusing strongly on minimalistic watch design: the brand’s heart and soul.
alfex design awards
the alfex watches are developed in collaboration with international designers from all over the world and won over the years prestigious design awards:
- 2010 red dot award / watch 5624 – black light designed by ivo vaz
- 2009 good design award / watch 5624 – black light
- 2008 good design award / watch 5567 – bernhard russi mechanical collection
- 2006 good design award / watch 5468
- 2005 good design award / watch 5514 and watch 5515
- 2004 good design award / watch 5515
- 2003 good design award / watch 5488
- 2002 red dot award / watch 5438
- 2000 good design award / watch 5400
- 1998 red dot award / watch 5360
- 1997 red dot award / watch 5301
- 1996 red dot award / watch 5217
- 2 hands | download the pdf
- 3 hands | download the pdf
- 3 hands and calendar | download the pdf
- 2 hands, small second and calendar | download the pdf
- chrono | download the pdf
- chrono, minute and small second counter | download the pdf
- led watch ref. 5751 | download the pdf
- bangle ref. 5702 | download the pdf
all alfex timepieces are designed with a minimum water resistance rating of 3atm.
the water-resistance of a timepiece protects the movement from dust, moisture,
and risk of damage to the movement should it be immersed in water.
please see the chart for guidelines for recommended exposure of various water ratings.
it is important not to attempt to adjust the position of the crown while the timepiece
is in contact with water. water can enter the case causing damage to the movement.
wear and care of watches
protect your watch against shocks, magnetic fields, strong heat, water and chemicals
and against mechanical abrasion.
water-resistance according to DIN is a design feature which may be impaired by shock temperature fluctuations, grease and acids (check our instructions for water resistance).
make sure that the crown is always pushed in firmly when you wear the watch.
end of battery life (eol)
if the second hands begins to jump in 4 second steps, this indicates that the battery will soon be flat.
in that case, it should be changed within around 1 week.
please have the batteries changed by a specialized watchmaker and ask him to check
the gaskets at the same time.
|water-resistant characteristics||light spray perspiration, light rain, etc||bathing, etc.||swimming||skin diving (diving without oxygen cylinder)|